Recipe of the Week
Stimulating Stir-Fried Vegetables
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1-2 tsp. grated fresh ginger root
1 lb. extra-firm tofu
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup broccoli florets
3 carrots, cut into 2-inch strips
1 medium onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
1 cup snow peas
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 green onions, chopped
2 cups cooked rice
- Mix together the soy sauce, lemon juice, and ginger.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch chunks and place in the marinade. Let marinate for 45 minutes.
- Drain the tofu, saving the marinade. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, onion, green pepper, and tofu. Stir frequently, cooking evenly.
- Add the snow peas, mushrooms, and green onions. Continue to stir frequently until the vegetables are cooked but still crunchy.
- Serve over rice, topped with the marinade.
Makes 4 to 6 servings